What is Laser Dentistry?
Do you know anything about laser dentistry? If you have never heard of it, now is the perfect time to learn about it. Laser dentistry is a branch of dentistry that uses lasers to treat different dental conditions like gum diseases, cavities, and other issues. Qualified dental surgeons make use of intensely focused light beams to change and remove excess or infected oral tissues.
Occasionally, laser dentistry is also used for patients who suffer from dental anxiety. The treatments under this branch of dentistry are known to be minimally invasive and do not cause unnecessary blood loss. There are different types of laser treatments used in laser dentistry. It is up to your dentist to decide what kind of laser treatment will be the best for you. Now, let us learn a little bit more about the uses of laser dentistry and how it benefits the patients.
The Uses of Laser Dentistry
There are various uses of laser dentistry. However, it is crucial to consult with your dentist before opting for laser treatments. An experienced dental surgeon will be able to guide you throughout the procedure. Apart from treating common dental issues like dental cavities, tooth decay, and gum diseases, it is also used for:
- Removing any extra tissue around wisdom teeth.
- Reshaping the tissues of gums.
- Getting rid of some muscle attachments that hinder normal lip and tongue movement in patients.
- Removing infected and swollen gum tissues.
- Speeding up various kinds of in-office teeth whitening procedures.
- Eliminating the pain and discomfort of cankers and cold sores.
- Prepping tooth enamel for composite bonding.
- Getting rid of small parts of tooth enamel.
- Repairing fillings that are damaged and worn-out dental fillings.
Various Benefits of Laser Dentistry
When it comes to dental care, some continuous advancements and breakthroughs are capable of rendering some traditional dental procedures very painless. One of the most recent advancements in the field of dentistry is the use of laser beams in treating a multitude of oral problems.
The treatments that fall under this type of dentistry are very easily available as well as affordable for all people. The importance of laser dentistry cannot be overlooked. This is a branch of dentistry that is capable of cutting various oral parts as well as cauterize the wounds. It is often used to treat advanced and severe cases of oral diseases with a high level of precision. Now let us learn about the benefits of laser dentistry:
- No need for stitches.
- Minimal recovery time.
- Prevents excess bleeding.
- Eliminates any kinds of infections.
- Does not require any sedative agent like anesthesia.
We hope our blog has helped you in getting a clear understanding of the benefits of laser dentistry. If you need the best laser dentistry services in Portland, OR, then please visit us at Life Bloom Dental. Our team of professional dentists can handle all your dental issues.